News   May 06, 2024
 474     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 670     1 

Zip & Vibe at Liberty Village (Monarch, 2x 24s, G+C) COMPLETE

So, as far as quality goes, it's self-descriptive?

Maybe it should have siblings named "Zilch" and "Zero"...

thanks for these up close pics... Ive only ever seen these from the Gardiner myself and I think they make a nice impact on the neighbourhood from a distance. I think Zip definitely looks better than the previous phase and I didnt expect that it was going to be so tall.

The only standout development is the Toy Factory lofts and the rehabilitated brick structures that house local stores and services.

I'd definitely have to agree. Here's an update from yesterday. It's got to be at least 6 years since they began work on this but they're still not finished. (There doesn't seem to be a Toy Factory Lofts thread).

It looks like there will be a permanent gap between Zip and Battery Park. Can anybody say for certain this is the case? If so, that makes this row of development even stupider in my opinion. At least they could have filled that useless space.

Toy Factory is nice, but so is the office building (85 Hanna Avenue). Also, the new loft building that is about 4 storeys that will be on Hanna next to the rail tracks looks promising in renderings.

My sister and brother-in-law purchased in the historical section of the Toy Factory and ended up with very impressive 25 foot ceilings. Almost a full 10 feet higher than they anticipated.

Archivist, I can't think of the office building you're referring to. Where is it in relation to Toy Factory?

You're thinking of the Liberty Market building and Liberty Market Lofts. The Liberty Market has one of the best tenant common areas I've seen in any building. It looks more like a lounge at an upscale bar or hotel. They've been busy renovating it and opening a passage through it from the East to West side which will give residents of the lofts and local workers and pedestrians easy access from one side to the other. I think they also plan on making it some sort of galleria for local artists and retailers.

The Studio and Work Building
http://www.libertymarket.ca/

The Lofts (what they fail to show you in images is that the loft will be on the backside of this by a rather large and ugly police station, the Gardiner Expressway, the CN rail line, and a large parking lot.
http://www.libertymarketlofts.com/

So far all the 100% new residential in Liberty Village has been a let down. All the development west of the Brazen Head on Liberty is what I think we should be looking forward to. I'm hoping a better developer like Freed invests in one of the many lots that's cut off from the more suburban style developments that have gone up to the east. Lamport Stadium is coming down for a park. Corus will be gone in a few years leaving behind an abundance of ugly old warehouse studio space that would be perfect for some actual real urban design development. This is where I see the most investment potential in Liberty Village.

As for the images above, the only thing I like about that building is that it's so close to it's ugly sister. The residences in both buildings can stare out at each other and think about their poor investment choice. Who will want to buy a condo with a view of Ugly? And just think a third is coming..................

Cassius, the Office building is the one with the LCBO, Bell Store, and Goodlife in it. And for a new office building trying to fit in, it's done a great job.

Taken By: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davetill
876464237_b8db2106b4_b.jpg

Excuse my lack of knowledge about that office building, but is it an entirely new building, or an older manufacturing building retrofitted with some expansion?

Here's a quick photo update on Zip from yesterday (June 29)
Seems like basic structure is completed to the top ~

North view

East view

Back