Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

As long as the foundation is strong enough to erect the tower and support it, it should be fine.

You know, I was about to post something snide about Trump's structural engineer reading this post, slapping his forehead, and yelling "D'OH!"

But then, by that logic, you'd also have assumed that someone in Libeskind's office would have thought about icicles when designing a giant overhanging crystal.

^But they did! The movement of ice brought about some natural erosion to the building. A very fitting geological event.

our own Current has posted a nice update on Trump over at SSC...hopefully he is planning on posting them here too, but here are a couple of his shots...the excavation is proceeding....

2409011390_e140db4403_b.jpg

2409011376_b8be7a9bfb_b.jpg

Thank you yyzer for posting the photos. They were taken on April 12.

From Bay St looking east, they are now digging in the clay layer.

2409011372_7abc7996cf_b.jpg

From Bay looking northeast at the ramp from Adelaide and the Bay Adelaide Centre in the background.
2409011374_47bb346efa_b.jpg

Still a lot of rubble and parts of old building foundations in the northeast corner of the site with the Bay Adelaide Centre on the other side of Adelaide.
2409011384_a6edd076e9_b.jpg

Looks like a granite boulder deposited by glaciers thousands of years ago in the last ice age. Maybe they could use it in their building as a conversation piece.
2412274578_5e3fbdb941_o.jpg

I'm really excited about this project. The site is so small! I'm really looking forward to seeing how they go about constructing this tower. I'm especially interested in seeing how they build the parking garage. It's going to be above ground, right? Is it going to be above the lobby area??? If so, how will they place the elevators?

globetrekker, I don't mean to be a back-seat moderator, but I think people would appreciate it if you removed large photos from posts that you've quoted. This has happened in a couple of threads you've posted in.

Indeed. Unless you are referencing a specific picture or something, it's a huge waste of space.

I'm sure he'll confirm it here himself, but according to trumptoronto on SSC, the tower will indeed be green glass despite what some renderings show.

Exciting!

Oh yeah, a minor note: The north west portion of the tower will be illuminated at night all the way from street level to the spire.

A very small site indeed! A logistical challenge even without the BA construction site right across the street.

Interesting about the lighting...I wonder what they will be using.

Back