1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 961     1 

Rogers Centre - New Look for Argos

T

Team Critter

Nothing fancy, artistic, or technical here. The lighting was terrible too. Either way, I thought they added some nice touches inside the old dome for the Argos game tonight.

By the way, the game just started an hour ago. Not bad for turnaround eh?!?

argos_dome_02.jpg

argos_dome_01.jpg

argos_dome_03.jpg

I can understand blocking out the upper deck seats with those graphics... that makes sense. I don't understand blocking out mid-field ground level seats for graphics though. Wouldn't those be desirable seats? Are those seats TOO close to the field or bench?

I don't understand blocking out mid-field ground level seats for graphics though. Wouldn't those be desirable seats? Are those seats TOO close to the field or bench?

Those would be terrible seats, you're low, far from the feild and would completely miss action directly in front of you due to all the personel and players and such.

i like it. rogers is doing a good job with this place, lets hope they keep it up.

nice. looks like they had a half decent crowd too.

Did you see their new grey cup banner. I hope they spruced those up too. The olds ones looked kind of forlorn in the corner next to the Blue Jays banners..

Wow, I haven't seen a regular season crowd that large since 1997. I really think those huge player banners on the 500 level end zone seats work really well and does help bring a bit of intimacy to the dome.

Thanks for the sweet unique views Team Critter.

I can understand blocking out the upper deck seats with those graphics... that makes sense. I don't understand blocking out mid-field ground level seats for graphics though. Wouldn't those be desirable seats? Are those seats TOO close to the field or bench?

Those seats are never sold to customers because of the bad views of the field that you get from sitting there. They will open them up for sale if ticket sales were through the roof and they wanted to fit more people into the place...but that has happened since the John Candy-Wayne Gretzky-Bruce McNall days.

They added stuff one the lower deck of the other endzone too...kind of like a evolution of the Argonauts symbol through the years display, which is pretty cool.

definately does its job of making it a more intimate stadium!!!

much cheaper and better idea than building that stadium in 905.

Getting to be a Scary World

Nothing fancy, artistic, or technical here. The lighting was terrible too. Either way, I thought they added some nice touches inside the old dome for the Argos game tonight.

By the way, the game just started an hour ago. Not bad for turnaround eh?!?

argos_dome_02.jpg

argos_dome_01.jpg

argos_dome_03.jpg
I found this forum through a search engine... love it.. its getting to be a scary world out there.

Wasn't Roger's supposed to renovate the exterior of the Dome last year or this year? The only nice thing about the exterior is the hotel facade and the roof of the dome. The concrete, windows and exposed vents look awful.

They're supposed to do it at some point. This year they upgraded the clubhouse and some other stuff.

Pretty sure it's being done this off-season in hopes of scoring the All Star game in 2012 (might be 13, can't remember)

They've added a few banners to the exterior but nothing significant so far.

They added the Rogers store which opened up the SkyDome to Bremner a lot more than the ticket booths that were there before.

Cladding it in opaque glass and adding giant screens facing Bremner wouldn't hurt.

Back