Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Marilyn preparing for 1st crane?

some potentially good news at the 'Marilyn' site...the hole shown at the centre of the excavation is new, and is presumably for the 1st crane's concrete base..

mccfeb2406.jpg

Woohoo! I should run by the site today since it's like a 20 second walk north of me, and see what's going on :)

they were pumping concrete at Marilyn today, presumably for the base of the crane...

pump it, baby! :D

It's about time! Can't wait to see this thing finally start to rise Absolute 1-3 are nearly done.

Had a looked in the hole today and the foundation for the core and the crane is in place.

Still a fair amount of excavation to be done to get to the 2nd tower core. This should be done by the end of April.

I don't expect to see the first crane up until April.

I noticed the land south of Mathew Gates has been sold which was to be a retirement building that got scrap my the NIMBY folks.

some news from Mississauga: Marilyn got her crane today! (first one)

That huge hole shows us why Mississauga is not going to get any other 50-storey tower anytime soon... it is twice as deep as the previous phases...

saw the first of the absolute cranes today.... its up and running.

look good although the crane is at a low height... most likely due to the depth of the hole in the ground...

<13-year-old boy mode>
Wow! So now we get to see Marilyn's hole!
</13-year-old boy mode>

here's a pic of the crane at Absoluteworld #4 aka Marilyn, courtesy of Jasonzed over at SSC....also, the crane at Absolute #3 ('Vision') came down today....lots of action at the Absolute site today...

HPIM0720.jpg

I don't think I've seen this answered yet - so I'll risk repeating:

Does anyone know why the hole is soooo deep? Is it because of the ground composition? Or is that all for underground parking?

Back