News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 510     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Toronto Life square (Star Box)

I visited today inside toronto life square. star Box coffee restraunte now is ready to open.all drywalls has been remove and workers were testing coffee machine. I am wonder it is small place and no where to sit.

Signage for Rogers Plus went up today, and the sidewalk was full of big wooden crates for the adidas store (Merchandise? Racks and cash registers and such? Enquiring minds want to know!).

They also removed more panels on the Dundas side, right above the AMC sign, so maybe they're going to do that rack of screens thing after all. It is a weird place for signs tho, it'll be blocking the Future Shop's windows.

I haven't noticed any spots for movie boards outside the building that are a requisite for any movie theatre. If there was any building that should have advertising outside for movies playing in the cinema, this should be it. A screem showing what movies are playing and at what times should be installed on the exterior of the building, even if it was only a board with standard marquee letters.

It is a weird place for signs tho, it'll be blocking the Future Shop's windows.
It's more weird that Future Shop even has windows (most FS stores are windowless boxes). They'd just as soon cover them up themselves with shelves of merchandise or something.

They also removed more panels on the Dundas side, right above the AMC sign, so maybe they're going to do that rack of screens thing after all. It is a weird place for signs tho, it'll be blocking the Future Shop's windows.

Just like the rendering.

ttrytr6tx.jpg

FutureShop doesn't make good use of those windows anyway. The more signage that goes on this sucker, the better it will look. Cover up that awful building beneath!

I went looking for the advertising elevations and found that an updated file does indeed show that signage. Looks like the movie posters will go on those unnumbered spots next to the fans.

picture2nw8.png

Here's a look at the Yonge St. elevation:

picture1zv3.png

That empty air above Franz Hotdogs (now Strata Shoes) is ripe for a nice big mixed used tower (parking/hotel/condo).

I noticed how sad the food court looked when I visited the AMC but looking at the list of food outlets opening there, one can be very hopeful that all these restaurants and the people patronizing them will add the needed colour to this blah place.

Food & Restaurant

BAGEL STOP
(opening soon)

BASKIN ROBBINS
(opening soon)

BEIJING EXPRESS
(opening soon)

BUBBLE TEASE
(opening soon)

CALIFORNIA THAI
(opening soon)

CARRIBEAN QUEEN
(opening soon)

CINNABON
(opening soon)

CREPE DELICIOUS
(opening soon)

HARVEY'S
(opening soon)

JACK ASTOR'S BAR & GRILL
(opening soon)

JOHNNY ROCKETS
(opening soon)

JUGO JUICE
(opening soon)

JUICE RUSH
(opening soon)

KORYO
(opening soon)

MADE IN JAPAN
(opening soon)

MILESTONE'S GRILL & BAR
(opening soon)

MRS. FIELD'S & PRETZELMAKER
(opening soon)

OPA! SOUVLAKI
(opening soon)

PITA VILLAGE
(opening soon)

SAUTE
(opening soon)

STARBUCKS
NOW OPEN

SUBWAY
(opening soon)

SUSHI Q
(opening soon)

TIM HORTONS
NOW OPEN

TIMOTHY'S
(opening soon)

VICI GELATERIA AND CAFÉ
(opening soon)

Salad King Condos.

Pad Thai living from the low 300,000's.

LOL! hahahaha!

Funnies aside, I can see a developer buying that old building and the HMV to the South and building a tower above. This real estate is going to get very hot over the next few years. It's completely feasible that this tower could be connected to Toronto Life Square via the food court floor who's northmost wall touches HMV's property line.

LOL! hahahaha!

Funnies aside, I can see a developer buying that old building and the HMV to the South and building a tower above. This real estate is going to get very hot over the next few years. It's completely feasible that this tower could be connected to Toronto Life Square via the food court floor who's northmost wall touches HMV's property line.

I don't see that happening without having to tear down the existing structures and making a facade of the historic Yonge & Gould building. There's no way the foundation of the existing structure is capable of supporting a tower.

Unless you meant a media tower...

Yeah, I'm talking about gutting the place and keeping the façade. The density allowed along Yonge St. is worth too much money to be kept as it is right now.

I'd hate to lose Salad King, but I'm sure they can be accommodated nearby or even inside TLS.

I have to say that I'm quite surprised that the Toronto Life Square signs are looking like they'll be the last ones added. For the naming rights sponsor of the building they sure aren't taking advantage of it. TLS is getting lots of press and even viral word of mouth (due to the free AMC movies) and Toronto Life is nowhere to be seen.

I don't know where else to put this and I don't want to start a topic just for this:

picture4rl6.png

Those escalators on the left there. They lead down to the Eaton Centre and if you keep going straight, you're on the Southbound subway platform.

I recall seeing these escalators boarded off. I thought they were building a paid fare area escalator that would allow you to go in between the Southbound/Northbound platforms without leaving the paid fare area.

Anybody know if this is true?

Those escalators on the left there. They lead down to the Eaton Centre and if you keep going straight, you're on the Southbound subway platform.

I recall seeing these escalators boarded off. I thought they were building a paid fare area escalator that would allow you to go in between the Southbound/Northbound platforms without leaving the paid fare area.

Anybody know if this is true?

I thought they were just doing the typical TTC 6 month-long escalator maintenance. They worked on the other escalator so I'm not sure about creating a paid fare area escalator.

Any idea when the art-deco 'Toronto Life Square' sign will be installed vertically along the Yonge Street side? I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet...

Back