News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

North Up Yonge Developments

I guess this thread is as good a place as any to note that the two North York Centre service roads, Beecroft and Doris, are quite far along now and both could be complete as far north as Hendon/Bishop (north of Finch, stopping at the hydro corridor/parking lot) by late next year. Doris' path is almost entirely assembled and demolished, while the section of Beecroft not yet complete has witnessed 5 house demolitions this week...including some c.1990 McMansions. The handful of remaining redevelopable sites in 'uptown' North York Centre will probably see action soon.

It'd be nice if Beecroft went up to (at least) Steeles via Lariviere, possibly running next to or through a lifestyle-centred Centerpoint, and if Doris was pushed up to Dumont/Dudley...not only would these projects be necessary if the Yonge & Steeles area is revamped and rezoned due to the Yonge subway extension, the service roads will greatly reduce the need to keep 6 lanes of Yonge open to traffic during construction.

Nov 18, 2008

picture.php

Grand Triomphe 2 is all topped out!
picture.php

Mona Lisa Residences, working on P3.
picture.php

Peral Residences finaly underconstruction!
picture.php

Luxe Condominums
picture.php

taken on Nov 22, 2008

picture.php

Spring @ Mintogardens
picture.php

Looks like the crane is ready to go in.
picture.php

Aria
picture.php

Merci condominium
picture.php

Arc Condos
picture.php

Arc looks out of place compared to everything else going up around there at this point. I guess Concord Park Place will balance it out.

Taken a few weeks ago, showing the construction of Doris Ave up till Finch ave. The road should be finished sometime this spring.

GetAttachment 4.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Attachments

• GetAttachment 4.jpg
    GetAttachment 4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 326
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 290
St George church.jpg

Taken today
St Geroge Church @ Yonge/Church, South of Finch Ave

Attachments

• St George church.jpg
    St George church.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 437
Here's the report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-7693.pdf
Information's also on the website: http://www.stgeorgestoronto.ca/

They started chopping the trees down yesterday. I heard the project was to have started about a year ago, but a funding hiccup stalled them for a little while. Not surprising given the financial blips of 08/09. St. George's church has been relocated for about a month now.

Also interesting: the final two houses for the Beecroft extension have been purchased (if memory serves me correctly, 30 and 31 Churchill). This suggests Beecroft could theoretically be finished between Park Home and Finch this year, but I don't know if funding/plans are in place to actually build the road this year. As usual, Rob Ford criticized the fact that the city had to purchase a few houses to complete the road. The city spent somewhere between $1M and $2M. What I'm not sure about is how much property is in place to extend Beecroft up to Drewry, which is also planned.

Back