Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Looks a lot like Great Gulf's X Condos. Maybe it's just the way the model was built. Are those mostly enclosed balconies covering the entire surface of the tower?

maybe I can save urbandreamer the touble....he doesn't like it...yada, yada yada...(this applies to anything else posted concerning just about any other project in the past few hours and in the next few years).

maybe I can save urbandreamer the touble....he doesn't like it...yada, yada yada...(this applies to anything else posted concerning just about any other project in the past few hours and in the next few years).

IIRC UD is a fan of Burano and Murano

Yes really, why does it matter what Urbandreamer will or will not be anticipated to like or dislike? We're all entitled to our positive/negative reactions of these developments. Commentary that presumes another poster's opinions adds nothing to this discussion.

2359156030_7f93ab13f2.jpg

2359154792_05e18cd31d.jpg

Am I the only one who was/is confused about this Murano/Burano thing?

Up until now I always thought Murano was the tower we've been admiring on the other thread and that Burano was the sister south tower that is also going up. Where exactly is Burano going? Their website is far from clear....

And why does the model in the the bottom pic (above) look so much sexier (and taller) than the top pic?

I could be wrong but...

Murano (the blue-ish one) has two towers. One will be 36 storeys and it is the one seen rising in most pictures. It has a companion tower to its south. It will rise about ~44 storeys and it and the ~36 storey tower share a podium.

Burano is directly across the street. It will be built on the site of the old Addison dealership, which can be viewed in these models. They are different developments, totallying 3 towers.

Murano is going where Addison's used car/blah car lot was before; Burano, the tower going up within the shell of the old Addison dealer across the street from Murano 1 and 2.

Btw, Murano 1 and 2, although just going up now thanks to numerous hidden creek related delays, are the second (and third) all glass towers going up by aA within Toronto. Spire by Context was numero uno. Then came along these Murano towers. Soon after, every developer in Toronto was clamouring after Peter Clewes' pen.... (18 Yorkville, Radio City were the first aA towers, but not the first all glass Mies' knock offs.) Understand?

So that explains my interest in this project: will Murano look as good as the Spire pioneer?

Thanks, I get it now... I'm just surprised I didn't realize this sooner.

Now if only I can get all of those new ones going up at Lakeshore and Bathurst straight.

although I do like this one a lot, is it really much more than a distorted version of Spire in black? I guess for me the big thing that sets it apart is the base using the "heritage" type building - looks great in the model and it will be nice to see some increased greenery around that stretch of Bay!

2359154792_05e18cd31d.jpg

When I see those "Castello" things, I can't help imagine if Christine Elliott's gonna use this as her Toronto pied a terre while at Queen's Park

(y'know, wife of Jim Flaherty, and mother to their triplet boys Who, What, and I Don't Know)

I'm just looking at all those pretty little trees lining Bay on the model and am wondering whether they will ever show up in reality. And if they do, will they survive more than a year or two?

I'm just looking at all those pretty little trees lining Bay on the model and am wondering whether they will ever show up in reality. And if they do, will they survive more than a year or two?

On the east side of Bay Street between Wellesley and Grosvener Streets the trees were planted when the condos/apartments were built about 10 years ago and they're doing really good. There's not so many drunken yahoo's around there to pull the poor things down at night so they actually have a fighting chance there. Last summer I noticed that the the trees in front of Opera Place & Aria are really maturing well and beginning to provide real shade, they look great. The trees in front of The Bay Club apartments are not so far along yet.

On the east side of Bay Street between Wellesley and Grosvener Streets the trees were planted when the condos/apartments were built about 10 years ago and they're doing really good. There's not so many drunken yahoo's around there to pull the poor things down at night so they actually have a fighting chance there. Last summer I noticed that the the trees in front of Opera Place & Aria are really maturing well and beginning to provide real shade, they look great. The trees in front of The Bay Club apartments are not so far along yet.

Good point. It just seems like most of the more recently planted trees downtown don't have too much of a lifespan.

Back