Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Digging a hole:

2308791788_748854a58b_b.jpg

What a fantastic shot!! X should setup a webcam there, similar to what Bay-Adelaide has.

Construction update - March 13, 2008

Lots of action today. At one point, I counted 14 workers, not including truck drivers queued up to remove clay to the dump.

Is anyone in the area able to confirm the crane??? I'm really excited about this potential news

From today's star:
23. X THE CONDOMINIUM: 110 Charles St. E., northwest corner of Jarvis St. Builder: Great Gulf Homes. A 44-storey, 420-unit, glass building. Prices: from $263,900 for 545 sq. ft. to $539,990 for 1,063 sq. ft. Fees: 42 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Sales: more than 76 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: March 2010. Sales centre: by appointment, 416-927-0080; xcondos.com.

I'm glad to see that sales have reached a healthy point, there was some speculation a few pages back that sales have lagged but the 76% sales mark is good proof that it is doing well.

March 15th Update

No crane, it's too early for that. Much more digging to go.

PICT1360.jpg

PICT1358.jpg

Oops, my bad. I thought I saw something resembling the beginnings of a crane, but I suppose it was some sort of digging apparatus.

I noticed that they took away the drill for the retaining wall tie-backs this afternoon. I wonder how much further they will dig, and when they will lower that ramp.

Big Dig!

A big shovel moved in on the Jarvis Street side today, to load dump trucks on the street (they won't have to drive into the pit anymore).

They are now drilling the third set of tie-backs, and the ramp has been removed, leaving the pit comletely squared off. Does anybody know how much deeper they need to dig? I would assume that they are almost at their required depth.

Back