News   May 14, 2024
 180     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.4K     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
2308776056_a6aac1fb25_b.jpg

2307970697_1b132d7f5b_b.jpg

I've noticed there are wires coming out of each of those recessed areas. Is something (signs or what-have-you) going in those spots? Anything, really, to break up the monotony would be nice.

Yes, Ryerson was given those two spots. They can use it for revenue generating ads, student work, screens with info, etc...

It basically destroys the sidewalk and the pedestrian experience on one side of the street. Its quite amazing that it was allowed. It was if the street was expendable.

My problem isn't even with the concept or massing....it's just so....GRAY. In a city that really needs colour, why gray? Seriously!

Because grey is the ultimate neutral and the garish ads will stand out against it better than if the building were scarlet, or purple, or orange, or emerald, or baby blue, or shocking pink ...

I can't wait for the Sponsor ads!!!

That will complete the concept at least in my mind. And throw Dundas Square over the top.

And then of course, we have the retail signage (restaruants, fitness stores, coffee shops, drug stores, movie theatre) which should also add some visual stimulus to the project.

Because grey is the ultimate neutral and the garish ads will stand out against it better than if the building were scarlet, or purple, or orange, or emerald, or baby blue, or shocking pink ...

True, but even if some elements were coloured. Especially on the sides with no/less ads. Some sort of contrast on those, things, sticking out near the top or on some of the criss-cross panel work.

At least something's going in those two spots though, hopefully Ryerson makes it interesting.

True, but even if some elements were coloured. Especially on the sides with no/less ads. Some sort of contrast on those, things, sticking out near the top or on some of the criss-cross panel work.

At least something's going in those two spots though, hopefully Ryerson makes it interesting.

I predict a giant R in the left spot, and a giant U on the right.

With that opening onto the old parking lot, it looks like the whole building landed on top.

A parking assimilated by the Borg Mall.

Back