News   May 17, 2024
 2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Probably both of the above plus some element of belief that they can't fight back, so they're an easy target.

Oh, without a doubt. His kind love to attack people who can't defend themselves. But the optics in this specific case are pretty damned horrible, wouldn't you say? This could backfire against him very easily...if the media were doing its job properly, natch.

Well, considering how "abnormal" his family is, I am sure he doesn't want to be associated with those "others" because that's exactly what it is. His attitude has a bit of a Darwinian tinge to it.

Yup. I thought he displayed real contempt for his late brother during and after the latter's time as Mayor (never mind that Thug also exploited the stupid fat sack of crap in every way imaginable at the same time), and I'd be willing to bet he feels the same towards his useless screw-up of a sister and his sister-in-law as well.

Last edited:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/964615679126196224/Ywx9up3M_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Colin D'Mello CTVNews[/B]‏ @[B]ColinDMello[/B]
FollowFollow @ColinDMello
More
Colin D'Mello CTVNews Retweeted Colin Freeze
Follow this thread: We finally know what Premier Doug Ford wanted in his souped up OPP van.

A mini-fridge, wifi, a large-screen TV, a leather couch and yes - a swivel chair.

OK, we used to call these "rolling passion pits" in the 1970's complete with fuzzy dice and flowery curtains and orange or red broadloom from top to bottom.

Oh, without a doubt. His kind love to attack people who can't defend themselves. But the optics in this specific case are pretty damned horrible, wouldn't you say? This could backfire against him very easily...if the media were doing its job properly, natch.

Yup. I thought he displayed real contempt for his late brother during and after the latter's time as Mayor (never mind that Thug also exploited the stupid fat sack of crap in every way imaginable at the same time), and I'd be willing to bet he feels the same towards his useless screw-up of a sister and his sister-in-law as well.

Reading this I remembered how a staff member at City Hall used to talk about him and his dysfunctional family circus, security staff was another story, they loathed the whole bunch as they had a habit of coming and going at all hours of the day. And another staff member called it the worst called secret that C.H. was the Best concrete whorehouse when Rob was occupying the seat in the mayor's office.

Except for the Postmedia newspapers, like the Toronto Sun, of course. Which is the propaganda wing of the Conservatives and Progressive Conservatives.

OK, we used to call these "rolling passion pits" in the 1970's complete with fuzzy dice and flowery curtains and orange or red broadloom from top to bottom.

The best part - from Mike Crawley:

Mike Crawley Verified account @CBCQueensPark 15h15 hours ago
Curious tidbit here: Premier Doug Ford's exec assistant received & forwarded the cost estimate for customizing the van using his personal email address. Why would he do so if staff were not trying to keep the cost of the van "off the books"? #onpoli

AoD

Last edited:
A mini-fridge, wifi, a large-screen TV, a leather couch and yes - a swivel chair. Total cost to taxpayers for Dougie's pimped out van--$50,000.

Curious tidbit here: Premier Doug Ford's exec assistant received & forwarded the cost estimate for customizing the van using his personal email address. Why would he do so if staff were not trying to keep the cost of the van "off the books"?

Hmmm. Lots of weird little details adding up, and many of them of not so little. Mr. Respect For The Taxpayers isn't all that respectful towards the rubes after all, is he? Not that his fan base notices, or cares if they do...

And in regards to that Globe & Mail story quoted by AlvinofDiaspar yesterday: Note how Mr. Law & Order is perfectly (hell, eagerly) willing to attack and threaten the police if they don't instantly rubberstamp his decisions and act like his personal servants. Can you imagine the rage we'd be seeing from the Toronto Sun crowd if a Liberal or NDP politician acted in such a manner?

And in regards to that Globe & Mail story quoted by AlvinofDiaspar yesterday: Note how Mr. Law & Order is perfectly (hell, eagerly) willing to attack and threaten the police if they don't instantly rubberstamp his decisions and act like his personal servants. Can you imagine the rage we'd be seeing from the Toronto Sun crowd if a Liberal or NDP politician acted in such a manner?

That's why he is all about the "rank and file".

Don't forget that he also promised transparency.

I'd say his contempt for conventions and rules in general is fairly transparent.

AoD

Hmmm. Lots of weird little details adding up, and many of them of not so little. Mr. Respect For The Taxpayers isn't all that respectful towards the rubes after all, is he? Not that his fan base notices, or cares if they do...

Of course they (Ford nation fans) don't notice since the Toronto Sun isn't reporting it. CP24 has been quiet too. As long as they have their buck a beer and the cutbacks do not have an adverse effect on them, all is copacetic, cause we all know Ford Nation parents do not have autistic or gay children! (that's what one supporter once told me)

Back