News   May 24, 2024
 9K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 492     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

El Vitiligo....you wouldn't happen to know what the laundry closet width ? I think its at least 24 inches....but a few of the machines we looked at are 27 inches....

thanks in advance.

Sorry..we have no idea... I guess we didn't care too much, since we bought a small Stackable Washer Dryer at CA...

Washer Dryer Space

We have not moved in yet but we did go to our PDI. The space for the washer and dryer looks large enough to fit a full size stackable washer and dryer. If I remember correctly, the door looks a little wider and taller than a regular door. We were told that the builder will plumb in the washer and dryer and dishwasher. In the Tribeca unit, the 2nd shower head in the ensuite off the master bedroom has not been installed and won't be. We were told that it was not included on the blue print !!! We were told by someone on the building site that it cannot be installed now because special 'fittings' weren't used when the plumbing was done and there wouldn't be sufficient water pressure now to accommodate a 2nd shower head. Has anyone pursued the builder for compensation?
Was anybody out there told that the kitchen in the Sales Office suite was of the quality we that we would receive?

Kitchen quality

We were told that the kitchens would be of the same quality or better than shown in the sales room/trailer. So for example, the kitchen cupboards on display in the trailer were hardwood but the standard cupboards supplied are vinyl. The standard granite counter top in the trailer was about 1 inch thick at the edge ( as were the samples shown) but the standard granite counter top supplied is about 1/4 inch thick, just a little thicker than a ceramic tile....or therabouts and has no bullnose edging. In my opinion, not at all what was shown to us.

We were told that the kitchens would be of the same quality or better than shown in the sales room/trailer. So for example, the kitchen cupboards on display in the trailer were hardwood but the standard cupboards supplied are vinyl. The standard granite counter top in the trailer was about 1 inch thick at the edge ( as were the samples shown) but the standard granite counter top supplied is about 1/4 inch thick, just a little thicker than a ceramic tile....or therabouts and has no bullnose edging. In my opinion, not at all what was shown to us.

As far as I know the cupboards in the model room were ,originally an upgrade but the builder decided to give it as standard (just that one, that color, that model), bullnose edging on the granite countertop was an expensive upgrade.
In the model "standard" kitchen there were actually "details" that were not standard...This all I knew on my appointment to order the upgrades.

Hi, I was aware that there would be some differences between the model and the standard (e.g. bullnose), but only because they told me so at my colour selection appointment. It is quite possible that whoever ran you through the colour selection process missed those details.

Thanks for the comments r.e. the laundry room. I had ordered a 27 inch wide set, hoping that would be narrow enough. Glad to hear it is!

the laundry room is pretty big, I have seen people have the big front loading washer and dryers...if you are in a tribeca, you can fit a 23 cubic fridge, my in 18 and has a gap

Hello,
I have a PDI on March 14th and a closing date of March 19th (im unit 710). I'm a little concerned because i have already given my notice to move out of my current rental unit. I've been trying to find out how to book the service elevator for the move. I've tried contacting everyone and anyone I can and was specifically told to contact Lana, but she does not return my calls. Was wondering if anyone who has already moved in can give me a rundown of what I can expect. I need to be out of my current unit by March 31t.

Thanks all for pics and helpful posts.

I will be honest...I saw the 5th floor and there's lots of work left in those units...

The pantry is in a really bad position and I hear they are going to be putting a standard door which will be a problem in that location.

We bought cabinets at Ikea with glass doors and installed them in the hallway area where there is a little cove to use as a pantry. I think I am going to just ask for a credit.

I don't want the pantry either, it's going to make the entrance more narrow, I also heard it was original not installed because of fire hazard (narrow entrance)

Security

fyi...there's no security on site and really no plans from the builder. There are signs posted around saying not to open doors to strangers. The builder will let the residents decide if a security gaurd is required. In my opinion, a security gaurd should be needed at least in the evening. The lobby is suppose to have a security desk based on what the builder is saying.

I have seen the lockers(cages is more accurate) they exist, the parking looked ok as well, the visitor parking is on one level, while resident parking is one level lower, behind another secure door, so we don't even share parking arrangements with visitors. I haven't spoken to anyone to confirm my double headed shower is still on, I read my build spec(all the little white sheets you can see on the windows from the outside), I will be checking to make sure its fitted though.

I am surprised by the move in dates as well, given that the service elavator is directly outside the unit, I cannot see how it could be deemed as livable if the window is not in place, we'll just have to see.

The Manhatten suites are all in raw condition, the 2nd floor Manhatten only has metal stud framing and no wiring or plumbing yet. The rest are raw all the way to the 12th floor. It will be the last units to be worked on.

The Manhatten suites are all in raw condition, the 2nd floor Manhatten only has metal stud framing and no wiring or plumbing yet. The rest are raw all the way to the 12th floor. It will be the last units to be worked on.

As disappointing as it sounds I really appreciate the info, it helps me better shape my future for the coming months ..now that I know it may take even longer..thanks a lot!

Just Moved In

I just moved into the 4th floor and overall I like my Hudson unit very much. The view which is facing wellesley is spectacular; especially at night. Inside, the unit looks great overall although there are a few issues I noticed that you might also want to pay attention to when you move in:
- In the hallways, a couple of laminates look like they might peel off in the future with increased traffic.
- Also look out for minor cosmetic issues such as scratches on the floor and walls, uneven painting and so on...
- The so called granite countertop seems to absorb water; furthermore when I dropped some water on it, I noticed a permanent (although slight) color change on spots where there were water contact.
- In my bathroom, the sink and the countertop -which were glued together-have slightly separated from each others.
Other than that, I am very happy with the unit

Back