278     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 156     0 

My Triumph motorbike ride in the early AM

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
On Sunday I took my 1969 Triumph motorcycle for a run around downtown from Cabbagetown. It was 7am, and there was absolutely no one around, so it was a great way to see some of my favourite buildings and places. Having ridden my bicycle from Warden Ave. and Kingston Rd. to Ontario Place and back everyday for two summers during university, it sure is nice to have a motor beneath you to pull you along.

I'll post some photos of my future morning rides if you'd like.

early morning toronto is just fantastic. i'm usually there during the weekend mornings after finishing my nightshift, and i absolutely love it. its almost barren and its just a crazy contrast to what happens during they day.

i always want to take some pictures during the early hours, but im always too tired after being up the whole night.

Triumph motorcycle. Warden + Kingston. 7AM. Somehow, that combo sounds just right...

I sometimes drop by the antique/flea market at the St Lawrence around six or seven o'clock on Sunday mornings. The place is a hive of activity, with people setting up, and dealers and pickers buying the bargains before the public arrives.

I was just checking over the bike, and she's ready to go this Spring. I can't wait to head out.

Here's a photo of my run to CFB Gagetown in New Brunswick last year.

Attachments

• 100_4107.jpg
    100_4107.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 224
Admiral -we'll have to meet up at some point, its not a bike, but mine is classic:

frogeyeinnovember003b.jpg

this was in November, I have managed a couple of runs in January as well, roll on spring.

That's a beaut there Bug.

Don't forget about this event below. My club the Old Fort York chapter of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group will be there too.

LINDSAY ONTARIO JULY 13 THE CLASSIC BRITISH MOTOR EVEN OF 2008

The
Victoria British Car Club presents :BRITS IN THE PARK' Sunday July 13, 2008. Set in Victoria Park under majestic trees admidst beautiful gardens and brick walk ways.

-All British made vehicles and motorcycles welcome. Entry fee is $10.00
-Dash plaque to all entries.
-Prizes, pub, Brits and Spanner market place.
-Queen Victoria herself. Music by Jack Nevins.
-Car clinic with Dave Jackson*
-Field opens at 9.00am.
-Peoples choice judging begins at 11.30am and closes at
2.00pm. Awards at 3.00pm.
-Antique Show and Sale in the Armory Building on site.

COME JOIN US rain or shine.

* Car Clinic Dave Jackson formerly of Commonwealth Motors in Oshawa will be presents to answer your questions. Provide your questions in writing prior to Brits in the Park July 13 via e-mail or at registration desk at the event.
e-mail Ibmc@nexicom.net

Victoria British Car Club www.glenhunter.ca/vbcc

I went to that last year -(in a honda civic)...mine was still on its way from England...will definately be going again. I did the British car day at Bronte creak as well, some bikes turn up to that one as well .

Your ride back in July at dawn through downtown sounded very enjoyable. It reminded me of Claude Lalouche's 1976 film C'etait un rendez-vous, in which he did the same thing, but illegally in a car at incredibly high speeds though the streets of Paris. What a classic it has become.

^That's always alot of fun. I'm going to try to get there.

That being said, I thought about offering to set up a table where people could light candles (for a small fee) in order to commemorate the loss of the Avro Arrow. People could then swear at Ike or Diefenbaker, speculate about how the Arrow could fly to Saturn, or vent on at how Malton would actually be the world's largest aircraft factory rather than the site of a mere airport - had the Arrow project not been cancelled.

Even though I'm a big military tech fan, there's a part of me that is glad that Canada didn't get heavily into Coldwar-era military aircraft production. If we had, we'd now see Canadian-built aircraft bombing Kurdish villages in Turkey (like our CF-5s we sold them), and engaged in various fights throughout the world.

Back