News   May 07, 2024
 470     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 421     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 908     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Yeah, and I thought a few pages ago someone mentioned possible tenants for BA2.

Do we know if that building will be mixed with residential? I'm also kind of surprised that they're building the office towers before the condo tower, which would sell much more quickly.

I think BA2 is all office.

And it makes sense that Brookfield is going with the Office Tower first, as they are in the Office Development business. The third phase will likely get subcontracted out to a hotel management company or condo builder. I don't really think Brookfield wants anything to do with the later phase except collect on their investment in the original property.

If BA2 is going to be a mixed development, that might give some credence to goodlookin's assertion that the second phase will be moving ahead before the end of the year.

BA2 is all office

Oh geez. - Well the article on the previous page of the thread also stated that Brookfield would proceed with the later phases of the development on spec if necessary. (However at the rate they are leasing out phase 1, I don't think this is necessary)

So goodlookin's point still holds.

I thought the residential and hotel component were added when Brookfield didn't think multiple all office towers were possible in the current market? Given how they have changed the second tower from residential/office to all office, perhaps they will change the third tower as well.

Today's Pictures

As mentioned

dsc00441ks6.jpg

dsc00443fm8.jpg

perhaps they will change the third tower as well.

I have my doubts. Not only the site is too small for a large floorplate, the strict height limit makes it impossible for a Brookfield-esque investment. They like to build them big with mulitple As.

I thought the residential and hotel component were added when Brookfield didn't think multiple all office towers were possible in the current market? Given how they have changed the second tower from residential/office to all office, perhaps they will change the third tower as well.

I hope not. I'll be glad if Tower 2 is all offices, but it would be good to have another residential component in the area to add more life in the off-work hours, so I want to see Tower 3 stay a condotel. The Cloud Forest park with waterfall et al is begging for eyes on it into the wee hours. I think the park will only reach its potential when there is a restaurant patio opposite it on the west side, and hotel doormen steps away from it around the clock. As it is now, the park attracts undesirable usage starting around dinner time, and it's too interesting for that. It deserves to become better known, used, and loved.

So it seems the hoarding is being used while they cover the openings with what looks to be tarp. Odd considering winter is almost over.

Odd considering winter is almost over.

Try to remind that to the weather outside.

Weather protection is important no matter the season. It'll make it more comfortable for workers from the wind, rain, and whatever horribleness mother nature wants to throw at us in the summer months as well... Though being baked in there in the heat might not be the best thing.

Back