Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Other than the sharper colours and the slight aspect ratio change of the image itself, I don't see a difference...

Actually, there are differences. The upper portion of the corner facing the viewer had seven floors with wrap-around balconies in the old version, compared to four floors in the new version. The central portion, with the interrupted balconies, had fifteen floors in the old version compared to eighteen in the new version.

Bill

newmilan.jpg
oldmilan.jpg

I thought the major difference was quite obvious, but apparently that was just me...

To repeat my post #78:

Actually, there are differences. The upper portion of the corner facing the viewer had seven floors with wrap-around balconies in the old version, compared to four floors in the new version. The central portion, with the interrupted balconies, had fifteen floors in the old version compared to eighteen in the new version.

Bill

Thanks for the model pictures.

The podium looks great and the model people (action figures) are a nice change from the scumbag renderpeople we're used to seeing. Renderpeople have no souls! Anyway, I'm veering dangerously off-topic.

Milan looks nice but I agree with the other posters who say too much glass. This one will be a late entry into the glass arena and I'm getting a bit tired of it, personally. But I do think this building will fit in well with 18 Yorkville, 1BE and the rest of the mid-rises in the direct vicinity.

I walked past the proposed location for Milan today and wondered if there's any updates on it; I was planning on posting about it today. What's the construction schedule, if there's one yet?

I agree that it is a decent looking project, and will actually fit nicely with 18 Yorkville. The should've done something similar instead of Lotus across the street.

Back