News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 607     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

found another one!!

2224267491_4a6098e9f2_o.jpg

Guy there is lots:

- trump Tower ( by the time Bay Adelaide is coming close to completion this one will be getting interesting)

- Maple Leaf Square ( this one should get interesting by next year- the podium will take forever)

- Four Seasons & Shangri La

- Anything 1 Bloor East!!!

Re: Maple Leaf Square - Podium taking forever,

From what I've heard it could take nearly a year just to complete the nine floors of the podium - it will be a massive structure.

BTW, photos don't do RBC justice. Go down and have a look in person. Even at this early stage, one can tell what a gem this will be. The fritted milky glass that will surround the podium appears to have two different tones from panel to panel... very unusual effect that will create a subtle checkerboards effect. I'm really liking the thin horizontal banding of opaque glass juxtaposed with the semi-transparent green curtain wall. This is one green whine that's worth sampling.

When the tower is 600 feet tall and fully clad there is little doubt it will be sumptin' special.

ok 3D ~ I believe ya~!

This is from Ziggy on SSC posted from the RBC website

From the RBC website:

February 2008

Construction continues on schedule. The self-climbing core forming system, for the Tower elevator core, and pouring of the concrete for these walls, will continue upwards ahead of the concrete floor slabs. Concrete slabs will be poured for floor levels 15, 16, and 17 in the tower area. Curtainwall installation in the tower will be completed on levels 8, 9, 10 and 11. Elevator installation will continue in the high rise bank and service elevators. Preparation will start for installation of the floating floor system on the 11th floor mechanical rooms. Forming and pouring of the second floor slab in the north podium area will continue.

RBC_Construction_Image1-20080131.jpg

RBC_Construction_Image2-20080131.jpg

Cal: here's a reminder for you... BA may be your u/c obsession, but RBC is actually a bigger building... that will cost at least $80 million more to build....

Bet that hasn't occurred to you (recently) has it? BA has 8 storeys of height, but doesn't have the budget. A 42 storey building with a $400+million price tag might just be worth looking at.

Food for thought.... hmmmm?

huge podium???

:)

Anyways...........

I was under the impression Bay Adelaide was 1.1 Million Sq feet and RBC was 800,000 sq feet?

But if RBC cost more, then more power to them. - And at least it's being built in Toronto and not Calgary.

Thank God!!

Back