Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

News Update: There is a snowstorm!!

I'm surprised anyone is even in your office.

Half my office didn't show up. And I'm leaving early today, even though I just live across the street from my house.

:)

Enjoy these updates in stride.

Wow, you're going to have to explain how that one works...;)

/\ So did the guys at Polophony when they were developing Gran Turismo 5 (can't wait). They actually had full mattresses with pillows and blankets under their desks. I was reminded of George Costanza's super desk when I read that.

February 5, 2008

Bay Street Canyon! (residential) Looking North.
murano1-1.jpg

murano2-1.jpg

South Tower
murano3.jpg

North Tower curtainwall, west face.
murano6.jpg

Around Back: Addison car dealership, soon to be base of Burano, visible through concrete framework.
murano7.jpg

murano9.jpg

A worker on the edge.
murano10.jpg

murano11.jpg

South Tower redux.
murano12.jpg

North Tower east face.
murano13.jpg

Cladding on North Tower, north-east corner.
murano14.jpg

murano15.jpg

unbelievable density in this shot....

murano1-1.jpg

You've been busy, CN! All great pics!

Great Photos! Especially The first One.... Bay Street Is looking Fine, This has Filled The Void Beautifully, I cannot wait until it is complete! and with Burano to the West.... Quite The street wall! its a shame no one really walks along Bay... Oh well!

indeed, that shot looking up Bay shows some amazing density! I'll definitely be taking a walk up Bay Street in the warmer weather. Maybe the south tower will be starting to move by then...

/\ I already see some of the first forms in some of those CN shots (Thanks).

You can't forget the massive St. Mikes proposal just up the street as well, not to mention all the future activity around Yonge and Bloor/Yorkville.

Its Boomtown Baby!

I think the street wall effect you are talking about will become even more dramatic once the south tower goes up. There is definite progress with the south tower, the 3rd floor seems to have been poured since the previous photos on Jan. 28th.

unbelievable density in this shot....

murano1-1.jpg

You've been busy, CN! All great pics!

It is great density and I like it. I do think, however, that this is yet another example of where Toronto could beautify its streets fairly easily with avenue-type tree plantings along the street or along a central median. Imagine what a difference something like that could make once the trees are mature. It would breathe a little life and humanity into the concrete canyon effect. So much private and cultural development is happening in Toronto, and has been for several years now and yet seemingly little is happening to the public realm to keep apace.

Quite The street wall! its a shame no one really walks along Bay... Oh well!

Well I don't know about this statement... I walk up Bay at least 4-5 times a week. I prefer it to Yonge given the wide sidewalks, weather protecting and, in the summer, growing trees.

As we've discussed many times in this thread and others, the street retail doesn't invite those who do not live on Bay (like me) to really use the avenue for walking. But I've already noticed a massive difference along Bay between Gerrard and College now that the sidewalk is open at ROCP2.

Bay Street invites walking, biking, buses, cars, cabs, and the occational grocery cart. It is coming together well, imo.

Murano's contribution to the streetwall is much more important than what kind of glass they use to clad it. Lookin' good.

Has there been any word yet on the winning proposal for the glass art component? Can't wait to see a rendering.

Back