News   May 24, 2024
 158     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 904     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 284     0 

Toronto shootings

Likewise I am tired of your rants. You exactly opposite of what you claim to me. I don’t see you calling out people when they use foul language.

I have presented facts and evidence based opinion as opposed to “feel” by most members here.

You state to about gun designed “only” to kill is ignorant. I am sorry but that is the reality.

I am all for opening minds and even extended an invitation to anyone on this forum a range trip, to actually see what is it really like to own a firearms in the city

I am getting incredibly tired of your exasperating tone.

You call everyone who disagrees with you ignorant, with no intellectual foundation for doing so.

You talk down to people, you use inflammatory language (rabid), rather than speak to people like adults, who are thoughtful and have concerns.

You are welcome to an opinion in favour of handgun ownership. I myself have not proposed a ban, simply some additional and/or more stringent conditions of ownership.

But you manage to alienate the only people who may be open to your basic position, by constantly speaking in hyperbolic terms and taking everything said as if it were personal about you, instead of about a matter of public policy.

You have shown little or no interest in the facts and no willingness to finesse your position.

You have entirely missed the point of a forum such as this, which is the exchange of ideas, the explanation of their basis, the proffering of evidence, the opening of minds such that we are all better informed and with more insight into what's going on in our City and Country.
You are
Get a new sport
"According to the World Sports Encyclopedia (2003), there are 8,000indigenous sports and sporting games."I
Assume at least 7900 of them don't include weapons that can be used to kill people.
Get a new sport
"According to the World Sports Encyclopedia (2003), there are 8,000indigenous sports and sporting games."I
Assume at least 7900 of them don't include weapons that can be used to kill people.

Again assuming. A lot of sports involve articles which can be used as weapons. Swords, spears, knives, axes, chain saws, monster trucks. It only a human which turn them into weapons.

Learn the difference between weapon and a firearm.
Baseball bat is a weapon if you assault some one with it.
Sword is sword. It only becomes weapon when you use it to harm someone.

Yep

Yep, judgemental as hell, because I asked that foul language should not be used. Because I presented facts.
You continually prove that you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. You keep replying to people who weren't addressing you, and then make accusations.

You make an excellent point.

How about you get a life and not tell people what to do.
Speaking from the person who basically got a profile just so that they could defend some archaic way of life. This is urbantoronto.ca not ruraltrailerpark.com... Even if you think its a legitimate sport where does one go hunting in the city? They have to leave the city just like you should consider leaving this forum.

While there's been focus on Windsor-Detroit as a source point of gun smuggling in the past, and the newer notion that "half" guns used in crimes are bought legally here. I think we have a fairly leaky faucet coming out of Cornwall area. St Regis Mohawk Reservation and Akesasne Reserve. They're allowed free travel across the border, are fairly untouchable, and have been implicated in large-scale drug, tobacco, and human smuggling. All it takes it one or two greedy individuals and we have a massive pipeline of guns too.

Speaking from the person who basically got a profile just so that they could defend some archaic way of life. This is urbantoronto.ca not ruraltrailerpark.com... Even if you think its a legitimate sport where does one go hunting in the city? They have to leave the city just like you should consider leaving this forum.
Really?

I have a been a member here for a very long time.
As a matter of fact I joined before you in Oct 2008.

I don’t need to leave the city. I love my city very much.

Also suggesting me to join ruraltrailerpark.com shows how racist and biased you are. How open minded(#sarcasm). Glad policy makers don’t listen to you.

Dude just delete your account

Why do mods allow people to hijack threads. If you can't debate your stance in a civil way and you are just repeating yourself then what is the benefit. All this does is take away from the real issues. Anyways I'm not big on police and would much rather spend money on community centers but like I feared it took a young white person (two in this case) to die to get the city to act. At least something is getting done. I hate to say it but it sure seems when its a shooting in a community housing area the city treats it like the community taking care of a problem they would prefer to ignore but when its in a urban trendy upscale area then they feel compelled to do something.

Really?

I have a been a member here for a very long time.
As a matter of fact I joined before you in Oct 2008.

I don’t need to leave the city. I love my city very much.

Also suggesting me to join ruraltrailerpark.com shows how racist and biased you are. How open minded(#sarcasm). Glad policy makers don’t listen to you.

Dude just delete your account
I'm white and hashtags are lame. Congrats on being here since 2008. Gold star for managing to read progressive views for 10 years yet remain a dinosaur.

You continually prove that you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. You keep replying to people who weren't addressing you, and then make accusations.

You make an excellent point.
Just admit it, you could not care about facts. You just want to go with the guy on this one.

Otherwise my invite is wide open.

I'm white and hashtags are lame. Congrats on being here since 2008. Gold star for managing to read progressive views for 10 years yet remain a dinosaur.
You being white makes it ok?

I am not white, I am brown. I am glad I am not cookie cutter progressive.

While there's been focus on Windsor-Detroit as a source point of gun smuggling in the past, and the newer notion that "half" guns used in crimes are bought legally here. I think we have a fairly leaky faucet coming out of Cornwall area. St Regis Mohawk Reservation and Akesasne Reserve. They're allowed free travel across the border, are fairly untouchable, and have been implicated in large-scale drug, tobacco, and human smuggling. All it takes it one or two greedy individuals and we have a massive pipeline of guns too.
Although it's not possible to be precise about figures, the trend is toward domestic sources. TorStar has a good article up now:
[...]
Where do illegal handguns come from?

Many are smuggled across the border from the United States, where they are easier to acquire, Wortley said. He also said there is evidence that handguns in the illegal market have been stolen from licensed owners, while others are legally purchased by so-called “gun scalpers” who obtain licences and then sell them into the black market to people who would not be able to pass the government’s screening process.

About half of all guns used to commit crimes in Toronto were sourced domestically last year, Det. Rob Di Danieli of the Toronto police guns and gangs unit told The Canadian Press this week. That’s a stark shift from 2012, when 75 per cent were trafficked from the U.S.

Wortley cautioned, however, that it is difficult to say how many illegal guns are on the streets, or where they come from, because the police can only confirm the origins of guns when they catch criminal activity. “It’s really difficult to get clear answers without being part of that underworld yourself,” he said.
[...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...legal-in-canada-under-certain-conditions.html

This debases the claim of some that it's all imported, and nothing to do with domestic gun owners.

Back