News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

There is already a thread on the future of Cityplace, here:

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6476

investor:

Would you say that are some really interesting perspectives offered by an individual by the alias realestatejunkie? Come to think of it, they have an uncannily resembleance to your own. Please remind me what happened to that particular member, my memory fails me. I would hate to see such fate befall on you.

AoD

Cool. I'll have to check out that link.

How's your quest coming Alvino? Have you met any people from Lys?

Enjoy your depreciating assets people. I'll stick to owning quality property in quality locations at reasonable prices. There was a time for such buying for the patience buyer and there will be again. The aggregate buying behavior that we've seen in this current boom (2001-present) is a destructive force to the stability of the real estate industry in the GTA and beyond. Speculation is abhorrent, though understandable, and the equilibrium will swing back to normal and it has everywhere else.

Sh__yPlace with its enormous non-end-user component is especially susceptible to a strong correction due to the inferiority and government housing aspects of the project.

What, pray tell, makes you think we even have or care to have (or be preoccupied with having, or instilling ourselves in the culture of) such "assets", whether "appreciating" or "depreciating"?

It's like you're accusing us of being satisfied with 50 buck crack whores rather than the Heidi girls you favour. All the while overlooking the fact that maybe a whole slew of us have girlfriends or boyfriends (or, barring that, some combination of well-tended budgets and moral scruples) that render paying for "the deed" redundant, and rather vulgar and ludicrous besides...

Here's a theory....

I think Investor just gets off on being as condoscending as he can be. Only thing that seems to make sense considering all the energy and effort that he puts into posting comments that seem to be for the most part, the sole purpose of insulting people and their opinions on this forum.

So whats the point of feeding his ego? Just ignore the irrelevant or insulting posts and we can all get on with our UrbanToronto lives...

So back to the building....
Anyone know if there is to be retail space along the Spadina side of Neo? There is to be a large (30,000 sf) grocery store on the Fort York Blvd side, and I have heard that there will also be an LCBO and a Pusateri's, but.... what about the Spadina side?

Some have commented on how Commie-like Neo is. I think that its bulkyness will be off-set once Signature gets built across the street. Add to that proposals for towers further up Spadina (where the gas station is), and the south end of that street will soon become very tall.

Its proportions are strange. The rendering made it look more upright and sleek. But once there are more buildings around it, perhaps it will look better.

As for the Spadina retail, I don't think it's been determined yet. Those units won't fill for quite some time because I don't think the retailers have been predetermined as the Sobeys/LCBO have.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Actually to be honest with you I don't understand what the fuss is regarding Neo. I don't think it looks bad and I don't get the commie block references at all. It has a ton of glass with a splash of some red.

I keep forgetting about the impact that signature will have on this whole area too... it may be the key to the whole development. You would assume there would be at least some retail along spadina... for example on the east side they have that new TD bank branch.

In my opinion, Neo is the nicest looking building in the Cityplace project so far. Definately modernist and in the right lighting takes on the blue that was in the original renders.

Oh, I'm not saying I don't like it. I love Cityplace for its Modernist qualities. Love it, in fact. Neo is a very exciting addition to the area.

Signature still sits at 217 meters right?

The last design for the tower was created long ago so I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least some minor changes, if not a total redesign. If this is to be the Signature of Cityplace, I would hope that they would put a little more effort in!

Signature better get a redesign. If it doesn't I vote we all march on Concord with torches and pitch forks. I'd love to see something more softer (like the Absolute buildings)--I'm sure KPF could do something nice (hopefully more elegant that they're proposal for the Festival Tower though). There's plenty of other firms that could help the CP visually as well--No Toronto firms come to mind though. Too much 'Toronto' already.
Some multi-use wouldn't hurt the area as well. At least some offices space for doctor's offices and other essentials.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vote TO: ---- Facebook Group ---- Monopoly Vote Page ---- Don't just sit back and watch Montreal kick our ace.

Back