News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 498     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

The curving balconies are quite interesting. Though I must say, the layout for the units make it difficult to place furniture. That's always a challenge with curve/round layouts

Actually the round room at The Met has a couple of good walls for furniture placement, so you don't have to block the view with a big couch or TV.

Attachments

• n639925238_570868_3672.jpg
    n639925238_570868_3672.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 371
  • n639925238_816840_8023.jpg
    n639925238_816840_8023.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 359
I noticed electrical/cable outlets at the bottom of the pillars. That's great! Does make it lot easier to place furniture. The pictured unit is definitely my favourite layout at the Met.

A coffee shop just east of The Met projects on Carlton Street, aptly named. Excellent coffee too, beans are freshly roasted on site.

PICT1161.jpg

PICT1160.jpg

Windows are nearing the top, maybe 2 floors left to complete plus a dozen or so floors of balcony glass. The roof panels are being framed now also.

Encore photo Update

Here's a photo partially showing the progress of Encore.

Met_Jan13-08.jpg

Windy today in T.O.

"A crane on top of a nearly completed building on Carlton St., east of Yonge St., was spinning 360 degrees overnight and scattering construction debris from the roof. There were no injuries reported but police taped off the area for a time and cautioned people to stay back. The spot was reopened to pedestrians and traffic at about 8am."

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19067.aspx

"A crane on top of a nearly completed building on Carlton St., east of Yonge St., was spinning 360 degrees overnight and scattering construction debris from the roof. There were no injuries reported but police taped off the area for a time and cautioned people to stay back. The spot was reopened to pedestrians and traffic at about 8am."

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19067.aspx

You can't believe everything you read. I live in a unit right across from the crane. It always moves in the wind, and it certainly wasn't spinning out of control. "...a crane being used on an almost finished building wobbled and blew crazily in the stiff gusts. Debris from the construction project also hit the street below. The street was declared safe by 8am."

The crane had nothing to do with debris falling; some of the fencing around the perimeter of the top blew off. This wasn't nearly as exciting as the news tries to make it sound!

Back