835     3 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Gotta Catch Em All!
D7FC103F-92DD-4C65-9666-64257A96AB19.jpeg

Attachments

• D7FC103F-92DD-4C65-9666-64257A96AB19.jpeg
    D7FC103F-92DD-4C65-9666-64257A96AB19.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,608
Just missing one more: the horizontal green card without the braille!

By the way, where did you find the vertical green card? I've been looking one for ages, for my own collection too :p
I had it for a long time, it was my first card, it has an “expiration date” of Aug 2017.

Now thats just nitpicking and probably was only around for a short period, I assume.

Oh yeah forgot Metrolinx's colour is black now, with white and seafoam green lines. Sort of looks like a premium member card. Wonder if they'll make future trains black too.
and also wonder if the next batch of self-serve presto machines be black as well.

And then I point out that you are wrong, and point to the decision TTC made to start requiring subway tap-offs, and then you don't reply ... and then the whole thing starts again.

That was a recommendation made by TTC staff (presumably because it helps them collect data about transit usage), and it was rejected. There's no actual plan to start requiring subway tap-offs at any point in the future. Stop spreading this misinformation!

The same report you linked also recommended moving the entire bus system to POP and getting rid of cash fare discounts for seniors and students. Neither of those recommendations were adopted either.

Last edited:
That was a recommendation made by TTC staff (presumably because it helps them collect data about transit usage), and it was rejected. There's no actual plan to start requiring subway tap-offs at any point in the future. Stop spreading this misinformation!

What I highlighted was the board decision. I also linked the staff report for context. The decision is here:
http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...eports/Decisions/Presentation_Fare_Policy.pdf

and the minutes are here:
http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...on_meetings/2016/January_21/Minutes/index.jsp in HTML and here:
http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...nuary_21/Minutes/Minutes_December_16_2015.pdf in PDF

The first part clearly says:

The Board received the presentation for information and adopted the recommendations in the staff report, as follows:

It is recommended that the Board:

1. Approve changes to TTC Fare Policy with specific emphasis on:

a. single cash fare in 2017
b. proof-of-payment system wide in 2017
c. ‘tap on’ to buses & streetcars, ‘tap on and off’ at subway stations in 2017
d. daily e-Purse loyalty on PRESTO in 2016
e. weekly and monthly Metropasses on PRESTO in 2016
f. moving the Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) to PRESTO online in 2017
g. migrating Volume Incentive Program customers onto the MDP program in 2017
h. peak and off-peak pricing as part of the 2018 budget process

How is saying they were planning tap off at subway stations false information? Are you not the one spreading false information?

The same report you linked also recommended moving the entire bus system to POP and getting rid of cash fare discounts for seniors and students. Neither of those recommendations were adopted either.
Moving the bus system to POP was recommendation 1b of the staff report. Single cash fare was recommendation 1a). TTC board also approved this. Both were scheduled for after full implementation of Presto, which has not occurred yet, however the minutes clearly show they were adopted at the December 16, 2015 meeting. I'm not sure why you say otherwise.

Whether any of these 3 items are still planned, I don't know. But they were on December 16, 2015. These are facts.

So, what happens to single-fare tickets in a tap-off environment? And, will these tickets have enough micrchip capacity for transfers? And what happens when fare by distance is adopted - the ticket machines will have to ask where you are going?

- Paul

Back