News   Apr 18, 2024
 564     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

Was at Davisville today, had to exit via the bus bay. There is a collector stationed in the front lobby. The Presto loader there is OOS which sort of makes sense but annoying as both King machines were query-only yesterday and I wanted to load some credit.
Why did you have to exit via the bus bay? It is frowned upon.

Why did you have to exit via the bus bay? It is frowned upon.

A bit awkward at Davisville right now...no buses on the east side of bus bay as it is used for customer entrance/exit...construction until October:

https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/Davisville.jsp

The collector booth, main fare line and street level elevator to the concourse will be closed until early October.
  • Customers will access the station through a temporary entrance via the main lobby that connects to the bus bay.
  • A station collector will collect fares at the entrance. A PRESTO card reader will also be available.
  • Customers will use the stairs or elevator in the bus bay to access the subway.
All customers will exit the station via a temporary walkway through the bus bay.

Within 24 hours, all the old turnstiles at Islington are history. The only thing remaining is the old style gate to get out and it will be remove after the new gates are install.

They had a fare taker at Osgoode Station today in advance of the gates being remove.

Edit Add Photo
36851768911_e77c9e357a_b.jpg

36992240565_3c36c0a6be_b.jpg

36992241895_bfb7e57014_b.jpg

36851769411_28c6041d39_b.jpg

Last edited:
A bit awkward at Davisville right now...no buses on the east side of bus bay as it is used for customer entrance/exit...construction until October:

https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/Davisville.jsp

The collector booth, main fare line and street level elevator to the concourse will be closed until early October.
  • Customers will access the station through a temporary entrance via the main lobby that connects to the bus bay.
  • A station collector will collect fares at the entrance. A PRESTO card reader will also be available.
  • Customers will use the stairs or elevator in the bus bay to access the subway.
All customers will exit the station via a temporary walkway through the bus bay.
Oh wow. How disruptive.

Don't trust Autoload. Having to load manually alerted me to getting double charged during the Coxwell bus loop construction.

You don't trust Presto's autoload because the TTC wasn't able to set up its transfers correctly? And you prefer being stuck on the street because you don't have enough money to pay for a bus over being charged an extra $3.00 that can be refunded?

Anyways, Presto's website would tell you this right on the home page.

Don't trust Autoload. Having to load manually alerted me to getting double charged during the Coxwell bus loop construction.
That's NOT a reason not to trust Autoload. If you want to use manual loading as a chance to check double-charges etc and forget to do so and then find yourself marooned on the street with an empty card well the fault is yours not Prestos.....

You don't trust Presto's autoload because the TTC wasn't able to set up its transfers correctly? And you prefer being stuck on the street because you don't have enough money to pay for a bus over being charged an extra $3.00 that can be refunded?

Anyways, Presto's website would tell you this right on the home page.
Nope. I carry tokens rather than get stuck on the street. And I didn't get a refund when I complained, either.

Nope. I carry tokens rather than get stuck on the street. And I didn't get a refund when I complained, either.

If you loaded your Presto card with a credit card, you can call your CC company and perform a fraud chargeback on the load amount.

TTC have now posted more details of the fare gate installation at King Station:

King Station - main entrance
Start date: September 15

• From September 19-23 the station will close at 10 p.m.
  • During the early closure subway trains will not stop at the station. Customers should use Queen or Union stations to access the subway or board a northbound or southbound 97 Yonge bus.
  • During operating hours, customers will enter the station through a temporary station collector or through the collector booth aisle.
  • A PRESTO card reader will be available beside the station collector during the construction.
To purchase a PRESTO card visit the Gateway Newstand in King Station.

TTC will also be replacing the turnstiles at the Commerce Court entrance at a later date.

Seems unfortunate they did not decide to keep Commerce Court entrance open after 10pm while they work at the main entrance and thus avoid a complete station closure. There is a collectors' booth there so it would, presumably not be hard to do.

Seems unfortunate they did not decide to keep Commerce Court entrance open after 10pm while they work at the main entrance and thus avoid a complete station closure. There is a collectors' booth there so it would, presumably not be hard to do.

Again, the problem is dust created by the work they're doing. Closing a bit early means they can get the work done faster.

Again, the problem is dust created by the work they're doing. Closing a bit early means they can get the work done faster.

Plus Commerce court may not want them to have the entrance open after they are closed for business.

Back