313     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 330     0 

Pokémon Go

What is your thoughts on Pokémon Go?

• Too dangerous/addictive for my liking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hahaha the streetcars already move too slowly. No need to make it especially slow. You can hit up gyms and pokestops at the same rate as if you're walking

Team mystic ps.

Toronto police issue warning to Pokemon Go players
http://www.blogto.com/tech/2016/07/toronto_police_issue_warning_to_pokemon_go_players/
Toronto police want you to stay safe as you run through the 6ix catching Pokemon. In other cities around the world, trainers have walked into traffic and off cliffs trying to be the very best, like no one ever was.

But you should probably glance up from your phone once in a while and look both ways before chasing after a wild Eevee.

"We're trying to send a message and that message is: 'Be safe.' Is a Squirtle worth your safety? I don't believe that it is," said Const. David Hopkinson to CBC News.

You should also avoid trespassing, even if you do spot a rare or elusive Pokemon. Luckily, there haven't been any major issues in Toronto. Yet.

And Sick Kids is also asking players to stop dropping lures in and around the hospital. On numerous Pokemon Go Facebook groups, members have been encouraging others to help patients catch Pokemon. And while this seems like an awesome initiative, apparently it's doing more harm than good.

Here is a Toronto Star editorial cartoon by Moudakis:
Russian Pokémon Go.png

Attachments

• Russian Pokémon Go.png
    Russian Pokémon Go.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 911
The City of Toronto contacted Niantic (the developer of Pokémon Go) to move the PokéStops away from the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal. Ever since the game was officially launched in Canada, the ferry terminal became extremely crowded with Pokéfans, who were causing a nuisance by urinating on bushes, littering, and causing vegetation to wither from the crowds, along with being a safety hazard. There are as many as four or five PokéStops in the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal alone.

High Park is another PokéHaven. I visited there yesterday and caught a good number of Pokémon and even managed to capture a few gyms. Yes, I decided to join Team Instinct.

I must apologize for the almost one-year bump, but Pokémon Go is becoming popular again, though not at the same levels as last summer.

Gyms have been reworked, complete with a cooperative raid battle to take down an extremely powerful Pokémon, with some PokéStops converted into gyms (and gyms drop items as well). Oh, and there's also Generation 2 Pokémon available as well.

I love the game, but no people around me still play it.
Same.

I still play it every day and primarily do Tier 1 and Tier 2 raids as well, both of which I can consistently solo.

Tier 3 and higher, I still need people, which is why I don't attempt them much, unless there's plenty of other players nearby. However, I'm close to being able to solo some of the Tier 3 raids (Arcanine, Vaporeon, and Machamp are soloable with a very good lineup and plenty of luck).

I didn't realize this was still a thing. I have not seen anyone play this anymore. It seemed to have come and gone pretty quickly.

Back