News   Apr 18, 2024
 699     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.3K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Central Waterfront Public Realm (West 8/DTAH)

picture1ns5.jpg

I really like how this continues the greatness of University Avenue down York and terminates at this beautiful wide open space and a memorial to our founder.

Too bad the little wooden shack and Second Cup will have to move though.

guess we won't be seeing the Royal York from that view once the Telus buillding gets built.

their thinking that by the time that the whole waterfront is done, the gardiner will fall down.

^ 2012 should see the end of major work on Queens Quay itself. The rest of the Waterfront including the Portlands is a 30+ year project.

I thought Mystery White Boy was being sarcastic.

I guess they cancelled the Telus building in that universe.

^ 2012 should see the end of major work on Queens Quay itself. The rest of the Waterfront including the Portlands is a 30+ year project.

How do they hope to achieve a baby blue lake front? I hope they're dredging out all the sand and painting the bottom of the lake.

I can't believe it will take 30+ years. Completely ridiculous.

30+ years includes building entire communities where people live, work and play. These are going to be built privately as the market demands it.

Waterfrontoronto's job is to come up with standards and placements.

The fireworks of the waterfront renewal are coming much sooner. 2012 is for the completion of most of the work on Queen Quay such as the end of slips, boardwalks, bridges, bike paths, planted trees, park additions and renewals, etc.

We'll see some pretty intense work happening on Queens Quay by the end of 2008/early 2009 with a lot of it done in mid 2010 (in time for the next municipal election) and final pieces of the puzzle fitting in by 2012.

Considering the major changes taking place and the benefits to Toronto, I don't think it's the project is taking too long at all.

Back