Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I disagree and curious to find out where is "somewhere else" you live.

The "X" is easily one of the most uninspiring buildings I have ever seen. Could it be uglier/plainer?? Imagine how long and hard the architect worked at crafting this...box. (???) Actually, I don't think they even needed an architect for this one. You could simply instruct your contractor to:

1 - make a black rectagular area and divide it into 10 very small apartments
2 - make 44 more of these
3 - stack them on top of each other
4 - advertise it as "an amazing architctural wonder" (remember It's Toronto, you just have to tell them it's amazing and they will believe you - as is evidenced by this thread)
5 - your done

Go and repeat this process for "Cotour" on Bloor, take your money to the bank and go live somewhere else.
cletus.jpg

Some folk'll never eat a skunk
But then again some folk'll
Like Cletus
The slack jawed yokel.

advertise it as "an amazing architctural wonder" (remember It's Toronto, you just have to tell them it's amazing and they will believe you - as is evidenced by this thread)
As nice as the X Condo is, I really find it hard to believe that they advertised it as "an amazing architctural wonder".

I guess, anything full-bore Miesian is an "amazing architctural wonder".

Ah, Big Daddy might even find this to be "uninspiring"...

s04.jpg

A second shovel arrived this morning (Saturday). I wonder if they plan to operate the two at the same time. Imagine the members of this forum (naysayers and optimists) standing on all sides shouting, "Dig! Dig! Dig!" while gamely placing bets when the "real construction" begins.

***UPDATE***

The project is indeed behind schedule (e.g., lost 10 construction days due to poor weather). The crane had been scheduled to go up at the end of January. Now it's mid-March.

On the bright side, they've made good progress over the past week digging out the old foundation. Lagging is now visible on the south retaining wall.

I wonder what the capacity of the parking garage will be. It looks like a big hole they're excavating. And 6 floors deep. I wonder how its outside dimensions compare with Casa's.

Thanks Jmac

I think the garage has about 300 spaces so about 6 floors, so 50 spaces per floor, the footprint looks to pre pretty big as it stretches all the way to the west side of the property which will be under the amenity and townhome area. I expect them to be at ground level by June which means it should begin to make an impact by this time next year.

Good god! Someone alert the authorities! A condo building is behind in construction progress. If the only way this project could stay on schedule is for there to never be any precipitation in this city than the project managers should read a pamphlet on weather in Toronto or perhaps just weather in general.

The weather is only factor. I wonder how fixed their schedule is and the chances of catching up. Radiocity was delayed by more than a year when Context discovered a stream during excavation and had to amend their plans. Look at how slow the Avanti (oops! Bloor Street Neighbourhood) was in literally getting out of the hole.

Back