554     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 437     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 793     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching the US remake. It's got more episodes and has a much bigger budget, but misses the innocent charm of the original.

Don's not as funny as Rob though; he's actually a lot closer in personality to Doug--a capital douchebag who takes himself way to seriously, while Rob was more akin to an alcoholic, crack smoking pillsbury doughboy with anger issues.

I was out with a bunch of people the other day and one of them said a couple of funny things when discussing Trump: "At least Rob Ford was a drug addict" and "Imagine if Rob Ford was mayor at the same time Donald Trump was president". I'm pretty sure most of us couldn't handle that.

I was out with a bunch of people the other day and one of them said a couple of funny things when discussing Trump: "At least Rob Ford was a drug addict" and "Imagine if Rob Ford was mayor at the same time Donald Trump was president". I'm pretty sure most of us couldn't handle that.

Just thinking Trump is behaving like he's sedated or strictly keeping to a script. Every time I see another speech I expect him to derail!

Just thinking Trump is behaving like he's sedated or strictly keeping to a script. Every time I see another speech I expect him to derail!
My bet is on dementia; it's a good and broad term to explain modern populists. :D

While changing channels yesterday, I happened across CP20FORD, and (of course!) they were interviewing Thug at the CPC convention. Why they insist on giving this shameless, self-promoting goon a platform as if his fanbase spreads beyond his own monumental ego & his immediate family is a mystery. Does he have any kind of legitimate following at all?

Meanwhile, like many of you, I'm, er, "enjoying" the continuation of the Rob Ford sitcom relocated to the White House with a different lead. I'm honestly shocked at how similar Trump is to Ford.

While changing channels yesterday, I happened across CP20FORD, and (of course!) they were interviewing Thug at the CPC convention. Why they insist on giving this shameless, self-promoting goon a platform as if his fanbase spreads beyond his own monumental ego & his immediate family is a mystery.

Meanwhile......

CP24 lacks content and competence at the best of time, they are happy to give airtime to anyone who is connected to something or someone who flashes a fake smile or is willing to thump his chest with their tiny fists. If "luck" may have it and he gets back in politics, CP24 will be his equivalent to FOX news.

And re DoFo, I'm sure that it's through his realm that the convention's at the Toronto Congress Centre in the first place. (By comparison, the last federal PC leadership convention was at the *Metro* Convention Centre. How from-class-to-crass can you get.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back