Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 145285 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 25, 2016

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Block 16 of Canary District has a lot area of about 26,000 sq.f ft. constisting of a market condominium tower and ground floor retail space. The proposal includes 110 car parking stalls and 220 bike parking spaces

Location, FYI.

EliuWm0.png

This in WT CEO Report for this week's meeting"

Dundee Kilmer and Waterfront Toronto are working together on the design for the next building in WDL, Block 16. This is a small building on the north side of Front Street that will complete the frontage of that side from Cherry to Bayview creating a continuous street edge. The design is still in the early stages and further consideration by the Design Review Panel will be upcoming. Dundee Kilmer Future Development

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 145285 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 25, 2016

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Block 16 of Canary District has a lot area of about 26,000 sq.f ft. constisting of a market condominium tower and ground floor retail space. The proposal includes 110 car parking stalls and 220 bike parking spaces
This is great news!

The Block 16 plot (north side of Front) now has sets of three large poles, sized for billboards, at the corners and middle edge of the plot on the Front side. I was wondering if these might be intended to advertise the coming development here.

The Block 16 plot (north side of Front) now has sets of three large poles, sized for billboards, at the corners and middle edge of the plot on the Front side. I was wondering if these might be intended to advertise the coming development here.
That is the next one to come, so I'm willing to bet you're right.

Last edited:
Is aA working with KPMB on this? The design reminds me of the original 60 McCaul concept.

I've been wondering when we'd start to see thermally broken balconies. How it has taken this long is a mystery to me (although the homebuilders association / developers have lobbied against such changes in the code for years-- and they are an incredibly powerful lobby group -- so I guess that's a big part of what has taken us so long to respond to the issue).

Is aA working with KPMB on this? The design reminds me of the original 60 McCaul concept.

I've been wondering when we'd start to see thermally broken balconies. How it has taken this long is a mystery to me (although the homebuilders association / developers have lobbied against such changes in the code for years-- and they are an incredibly powerful lobby group -- so I guess that's a big part of what has taken us so long to respond to the issue).

I think the 2 curvy absolute buildings have thermally broken balconies....

Back