Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Southcore in general is turning out quite well. I'd like to see more diversity in cladding materials on the towers, but they're generally well executed and there's a good diversity of uses--offices, entertainment, dining, hotels and housing. We built this area from scratch, and it functions like a good urban district with round-the-clock vitality.

Southcore in general is turning out quite well. I'd like to see more diversity in cladding materials on the towers, but they're generally well executed and there's a good diversity of uses--offices, entertainment, dining, hotels and housing. We built this area from scratch, and it functions like a good urban district with round-the-clock vitality.

Agreed, just the SC area itself is a veritable downtown with transportation, retail, offices, residences, hotels, parks (Roundhouse and Olympic), entertainment and even a futuristic public square that is very engaging with a whimsical name to match (Jurassic Park). I hope a good retailer picks up that space left behind by Target (a mini Costco and/or Ikea?)

Now if they can somehow also integrate a modern art museum into any one of those yet to be built offices, that'll be great!

Very nice! Thanks for posting! To think there are still three tall buildings waiting to break ground in that space. Amazing!

Sorry @Light, but what's the third one?

Interchange42 - Referring to Automation Gallery's post, I think the answer may be six(wow!) The four he mentioned (I forgot the new bus station+office is actually 2 bldgs), and the bldg. across Union Centre on the N side of Front. The other one I had in mind is at the corner of Bremner and York, and will abut the Ice buildings when built.

I hope someone puts a modern art gallery in SC. The neighborhood is rich in sporting venues, and even has an aquarium and outdoor railway museum! What's missing is a Guggenheim/MOMA type gallery, and given SC's ease of access, it would be a great place to put such an institution. Perhaps some of the deep-pocketed Canadian business families and come together to make such a gift to the City and Country, much like how the Astors, Carnegies, Phipps, Vanderbilts etc had enriched the American cultural landscape.

Well, then @ProjectEnd is correct - in the area of that image, you won't see 81 nor 141 Bay, (nor the bus terminal), neither will you see the building across from Union Centre, and I'm not even convinced that Union Centre will make it into the view. (Its upper floors may just barely slide in halfway up the right side of the pic.)

You will probably be able to see the top of the office tower at 16 Bay, but it might be covered by Telus House from that angle.

The one that I'm sure you'll see is 30 Bay (and it may be angling in from the left side of the photo).

From the Ashbridges Bay Skate Park. I apologize for the size of the photos.
DSCF2485.JPG
DSCF2483.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF2485.JPG
    DSCF2485.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,877
  • DSCF2483.JPG
    DSCF2483.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,871
I posted a few photos a couple of weeks ago from a CTBUH tour of this complex, ones that weren't going to make it into the front page story.

I have finally had time to complete the story, so the I now know what other of the pics did not make it into it. You should check out the story to learn a fair bit more about the complex, but I have some more general views-type photos here for you to enjoy.

The mirror-like top of One York has clips that will soon hold a Sun Life logo on the north side.
DSC06110.jpg

If you look at the One York from the west Harbour Plaza tower, you see this:
DSC06089.jpg

Meanwhile, here's the view looking the other way, from One York down to the amenity areas of Harbour Plaza atop the podium:
DSC06122.jpg

Stand a little further back, and here's a shot from the interior of the 15th floor toward the condos;
DSC06127.jpg

Drop down to PATH level, and here's the view south to Waterpark Place…
DSC06152.jpg

While here's what the view west towards One York looks like. This might be open as of today, actually:
DSC06447.jpg

This is the other end of that passageway:
DSC06135.jpg

Here's what the building looks like just outside those escalators:
DSC06136.jpg

Here's the obvious "front view", with the stone on the elevator core walls lit up by the sun:
DSC06145.jpg

Here's the Harbour Street sidewalk, now opening up:
DSC06143.jpg

So, that's the bonus stuff, check out the front page story here!

Attachments

• DSC06110.jpg
    DSC06110.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,578
  • DSC06127.jpg
    DSC06127.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,553
  • DSC06135.jpg
    DSC06135.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 1,542
  • DSC06136.jpg
    DSC06136.jpg