News   Apr 25, 2024
 146     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Sloppy Construction on St Clair ROW

People here have said that the buses are not running along the ROW, but I saw them running on the ROW this week.

Where do you see them on the ROW? I live just off St. Clair and am yet to see this. All the stops are located on the curb, and TTC documentation says the "curbside stops". Was the bus in service?

I've also seen the buses running alongside the streetcars (I also live off of st.clair w).

Also, noticed that they have finally started installing the shelters - saw them at Deer Park and Avenue Road stops - no roof element yet, just support pillars and signage.

I've also seen the buses running alongside the streetcars (I also live off of st.clair w).

Also, noticed that they have finally started installing the shelters - saw them at Deer Park and Avenue Road stops - no roof element yet, just support pillars and signage.

I saw it again on tuesday too. A bus was running on the ROW, though it was out of service.

I saw it again on tuesday too. A bus was running on the ROW, though it was out of service.

TTC stated at the 501 Forum Tuesday night, buses with riders will not be using the ROW as it is too narrow because of saw off for this project and there is a fear a wheel of a bus will slide off the ROW.

I am back in Toronto very suddenly, and was on St Clair today--the shelter installation appears to (finally!) be going full tilt, especially at Deer Park and Avenue. Though the execution of this project has largely been a disaster, the new shelters are *extremely* attractive and a huge step up from what we're used to in Toronto. That said, there are still big issues on St Clair--some of the old wooden poles, even ones with no wires attached to them (!) are STILL plonked down on sidewalks. And the centre poles for the wires look rather silly, especially since as we all know they were totally unnecessary. But hey, progress, though slow and fitful, is going on.

I use that service pretty much daily and I have to say that the service is noticeably worse with just the streetcars running. Bunching is still a problem it seems and delays are more common with the streetcars than with the buses. Yes the new shelters are a big improvement, and indeed they will be needed over the winter months as wait times seem to be greater than when they run buses only.

Back