News   May 07, 2024
 521     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 396     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 344     0 

Ryerson: Master Plan

It would be interesting to see Ryerson resurrect an arena on Mutual Street, where the Toronto Maple Leafs played their first games before moving to MLG...

Mutual_Street_Arena_4.gif

However, given the fact that Ryerson is primarily a "commuter school", I don't see how it would be able to draw a sizeable crowd into a future arena. Perhaps Ryerson could open the rink for outside uses, like using it to attract an OHL team to downtown Toronto.

Ah, if only the Terrace still existed. It'd surely would have been coopted as a star of Nuit Blanche...

what, they could draw a good 500-1000 people to games, for sure. i'd go, for one. it would be so cheap/free pretty decent hockey. :D

Just got this in my Ryerson mail today:

"Dear students,

I'm a planning student and involved with the Ryerson Bicycle Club. There's a resolution being voted on at the Ryerson Student Union general membership meeting on Wednesday that may be of interest to all of you...

The university has proposed an underground bicycle parking lot on the current site of Sam the Record Man
(if they are able to acquire the property).

We've put forward a resolution to the RSU to support this plan and do everything possible to make sure the university goes through with it. We'd like to have people come out and show support and vote for the resolution.

Date: Wed, Nov 7
Time: 5:30 pm - 8 pm

Dinner will be served."

Some pics of the new business building signage I took this weekend:

Gall004.jpg

Gall006.jpg

The blue signage looks like crap... as does the yellow "Ryerson University" on the Dundas Street side, which was being put up as I took the picture.

The worst signage on that building is the corporate logo of Canadian Tire and Mark's Work Wearhouse. The mix of fonts and colours is the visual focal point and detracts from the rest of the building. But it's necessary for the stores.

I don't mind the Canadian Tire and Best Buy signage, but rather the new Ryerson signage. The digital sign by the entrance and even the temporary banner were fine.

They've even painted it on the sidewalk out front. It's quite remarkable how Ted Rogers's name has permeated everything at the Ryerson Business School. If Ted Rogers demanded this much exposure when he bought the rights that just seems sleazy. And if Rogers didn't demand it and Ryerson provided it voluntarily that just seems unprofessional and two-bit.

And what's with the change from "Business School" to "School of Management"? Who ever refers to a "Management School"? Do any other universities use this terminology?

They've even painted it on the sidewalk out front. It's quite remarkable how Ted Rogers's name has permeated everything at the Ryerson Business School. If Ted Rogers demanded this much exposure when he bought the rights that just seems sleazy. And if Rogers didn't demand it and Ryerson provided it voluntarily that just seems unprofessional and two-bit.

And what's with the change from "Business School" to "School of Management"? Who ever refers to a "Management School"? Do any other universities use this terminology?

lol thats what pisses me off the most. Its the business building, not management building. It will forever be known as the business building, not ted rogers school of management.

U of T's is the Rotman School of Management (as are many others). Maybe they're trying to compete with U of T.

Back