News   May 07, 2024
 204     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 620     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.2K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Giambrone could easily lie down on these. Good thing the seats are plastic.

The new "NYC Rockets" would be a fun place to catch Pokémon (especially if the trains were to pass through track maintenance areas).

The TTC (as well as other public transit agencies) should put up Pokémon-themed signs warning commuters not to play Pokémon Go. Perhaps Pikachu could be used, as it is famous (instantly recognizable to commuters, including those who are not familiar with Pokémon), cute (appealing to commuters), is yellow (catchier to commuters), is a rat (given that many subway systems are filled with rats), and is Electric-type (as subway trains are powered by electricity, may it be through third rail or through overhead wires).

Last edited:
Drunk people run down on the tracks all the time, especially on Friday and Saturday nights after midnight. I'm starting to think shutting down the subway before last call is actually a good thing. At least there won't be 20 minute delays and taking trains instead of buses out of service cause someone puked.

Getting PSDs at every downtown would solve the first problem.

Drunk people run down on the tracks all the time, especially on Friday and Saturday nights after midnight. I'm starting to think shutting down the subway before last call is actually a good thing. At least there won't be 20 minute delays and taking trains instead of buses out of service cause someone puked..

With that kind of 'reasoning' one would not run trains in rush-hours either because they are too crowded.

Giambrone could easily lie down on these. Good thing the seats are plastic.

Years of republican mayors have instilled the lesson into the NYPD that it is to be run "like a business," meaning it has to generate revenue to cover its expenses. Taking up more than one seat? That's means you are arrested and put in jail overnight. If the next afternoon you plead guilty, pay a $100 fine, plus court costs, you will be released back to your new life as a person with a criminal record.

Drunk people run down on the tracks all the time, especially on Friday and Saturday nights after midnight. I'm starting to think shutting down the subway before last call is actually a good thing. At least there won't be 20 minute delays and taking trains instead of buses out of service cause someone puked.

All the time? Bull. The amount of times that it actually happens can be counted in the single-digits each year.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Platform doors for the subway and underground LRT is possible for safety purposes, but not possible because of "budget cuts". Must be cheaper to have them hit by a train than putting up prevention controls like platform doors.

Must be cheaper to have them hit by a train than putting up prevention controls like platform doors.

Strictly speaking, it is cheaper for the TTC/city at this time. That may not apply to the province though who may have to cover a life-time of disability for those that survive.

PSD? What is that?

Back