News   Apr 22, 2024
 781     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 665     0 

Fold out balcony?

found this clip on YouTube, thoughts? I'd be hesitant to step onto one on the 80th floor, how strong can that glass be?
Multi-layered structural glass can be quite strong. For a personal balcony even for a full family, you don't need to go that thickness of that walkable glass structure at Times Square. I'm curious of the specs, though, and multi-layered damage resistance (from a dropped metal object, for example).

I'd be glad to even see some balcony glass. I've been trying to find a condo downtown where the have it but it's impossible. Here's an example of a typical balcony in Finland, Sweden or Norway:
660494-parveke.jpg

The glass can be fully opened and stacked on the sides. There are drain pipes that collect any water and lead it down to the street. These are really practical in cold locations as they raise the temperature by 10-15 degrees. If it's only +5 outside you can still enjoy your balcony on a sunny day, and there's no wind. Have you seen these around?

Yeah its seems very good and the balcony gives you a refreshing feel and the balcony should be full open in my opinion....

I'd be glad to even see some balcony glass. I've been trying to find a condo downtown where the have it but it's impossible. Here's an example of a typical balcony in Finland, Sweden or Norway:
660494-parveke.jpg

The glass can be fully opened and stacked on the sides. There are drain pipes that collect any water and lead it down to the street. These are really practical in cold locations as they raise the temperature by 10-15 degrees. If it's only +5 outside you can still enjoy your balcony on a sunny day, and there's no wind. Have you seen these around?

I love Lumon's as well! There have been a few units in various buildings in the GTA retrofitted with them, but it's really dependent on the condo board giving the OK. 88 Queen St. East development is the first I've heard to incorporate Lumon's into some of their units: https://condonow.com/88-North-Condos/Features-Finishes

Oversized windows and retractable balcony windows on suites with enclosed and double height enclosed
balconies as per plan. For more information on enclosed balconies, please visit www.lumon.com

I really wish more development would incorporate them by default. I imagine it'd be much cheaper than getting them in yourself later on (if you even get permission to do so).

Back