News   Mar 28, 2024
 155     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Humber Bay Shores

A letter from Ward 5 & 6 Councillors to Metrolinx advocating for a GO station at Park Lawn: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-84515.pdf
Currently Park Lawn station is on Metrolinx's long list of potential future stations. They plan to refine the list and move to a short list of recommended stations this spring. Hopefully Park Lawn makes it!

My goodness 28,000 residents will be crammed into this small area when all is said and done (excluding Mondelez lands possibilities)? This has to be the 2nd densest area in Toronto, after St. James Town.

My goodness 28,000 residents will be crammed into this small area when all is said and done (excluding Mondelez lands possibilities)? This has to be the 2nd densest area in Toronto, after St. James Town.
Ya, the 28k quote is without Mondelez lands. Whatever ends up going there will make or break the neighbourhood. The city must be very judicious with those lands.

Park Lawn GO needs to happen sooner than later. I wonder if it will be called Humber Bay Shores though to appease the local branding.
*IF* it is built (which it should be), it wont happen for at least another 5 years. But by then the Mondelez (Mr.Christies plant) situation will be sorted out so residents in that area should be focusing in on that in the mean time. If any more condos are proposed on that site, even having a GO station here wouldnt be able to save Humber Bay.

Petition for a Park Lawn GO station. Don't know how much (if any) impact this might have, but it definitely won't hurt. Sign it to help reduce west-end congestion!
https://www.change.org/p/bruce-mccuiag-a-go-stop-at-park-lawn

[X-Post from Transportation and Infrastructure section]
They're setting the bar really low at 500 signatures. There are at least 15,000 residents in Humber Bay currently (i'm being generous with that number) and all of them see the lack of infrastructure there on a daily basis. They should be aiming for a lot higher then 500 people.

But in any case, I think Metrolinx at this point gets the idea that a station is needed at Humber Bay. I dont think it's in their best interest to create a PR disaster by omitting a Park Lawn GO station.

As you might have heard, Tory has announced planned GO stations earlier this week and Park Lawn GO was not one of them. I wasn't sure if what he was talking about specifically referred to SmartTrack, so I've e-mailed Cllr. Grimes asking him about it. His response is below. In summary Park Lawn did not make the short list and him and Cllr DiCiano, along with MP Maloney are meeting with Metrolinx later this month to see if anything can be done (or at least to get an explanation). If you live in the area or think that a Park Lawn GO is a good idea, consider sending an email to Bruce McCuaig (via Cllr Grimes office: Councillor_Grimes@toronto.ca)

Just to clarify – Park Lawn Go was not proposed as part of the SmartTrack plan, but as an independent campaign by Councillor Grimes and Councillor Di Ciano. You are correct in that Metrolinx did not include Park Lawn in its shortlist – but the report released does state would be considered in the future for potential expansion. Here is the report, which details the rationale:

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd.../20160628_BoardMtg_Appendix_2_Stations_EN.pdf

Councillor Grimes was extremely disappointed to hear that Park Lawn did not make the short list of stops, as he had communicated the importance of this stop – along with Councillor Di Ciano – through a petition as well as many ongoing communications with Metrolinx. Councillor Grimes and Councillor Di Ciano, along with MP James Maloney, will be meeting with Metrolinx to ask them to reconsider this decision, as well as further explain the rationale as to why this rapidly growing area was not included. At this point, they will also be writing letters to the board to further stress the need for transit in the area. If possible, we are asking that residents write their own letters of support addressed to the Chair of the Metrolinx board J. Robert S. Prichard as well as CEO Bruce McCuaig, detailing the need for a transit stop in Humber Bay Shores. Your support is appreciated, please send the completed letters to our office so that they can be presented in advance of the meeting on June 28.

Another Humber Bay Shores video of the whole district, which has improved since the last time I was there I like the new restaurants and stores forming along the waterfront!

Back