News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 463     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Remaining distance (excluding Humber and Lea):

By eye, it looks like the tunnelling is at about the 50% completion point overall. And with four TBM's now running instead of two, we can hope for good progress going forward. I wonder if Tigermaster can handle all the happy dances.

- Paul

Quoting someone from facebook:

Re: Crosslinx & Eglinton Crosstown

I attended a business opportunities meeting hosted by Crosslinx earlier this week and there were some pretty great revelations not mentioned before. For those of you interested, here are some highlights:

-Not all stations will be cut/cover, some will be mined! (More on this below)
- Keele will be the first station built as a pilot and will commence construction March 2016
-construction for the others will commence Summer 2016
-stations will take ~3.5 years to build

They are dividing the line into 6 segments:

1) Mt Dennis, Keele, Kodak Lands, MSF and the portal/Blackcreek Guideway

2) Caledonia, Dufferin, Bathurst, Chaplin, Mt. Pleasant & Caledonia GO
-These will be cut/cover
-Crosslinx wants to get "creative with construction" in order to minimize community impacts and claims they will use cutting edge engineering never used before.

3) Interchange Stations @ Allen & Yonge

4)Oakwood, Avenue, Bayview & Laird
These will be Mined from the Sides instead of Cut & Cover! Very cool!

5) At-Grade Sections

6) Track Work, Catenary Polls, Signaling Etc and the system wide installation

Oakwood, Avenue and Bayview will be mined, yes. But it was my understanding that Mt Pleasant was the other one to be mined, not Laird.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Does anyone have a rough idea as to how large an opening we'll see on the surface for the mined stations? We know that Queens Park and St Patrick were done the same way, and I think it would be helpful to DRL supporters on the topic of alignment if we know to what degree the surface can be disturbed in locations downtown.

By eye, it looks like the tunnelling is at about the 50% completion point overall. And with four TBM's now running instead of two, we can hope for good progress going forward. I wonder if Tigermaster can handle all the happy dances.

- Paul

I still don't believe it. I'm pretty sure this is an elaborate prank you guys are pulling on me ;)

well at the current rate the east TBMs are going....the west ones will probably reach yonge long before the east and the longer times that result

Naming stations after people is a dangerous and slippery slope. There are lots of non-transit places and streets that can be used to honour deserving people.

If a TTC station is going to be named after a person, the first name on that list should be Kyle Knox. I can't think of anyone who sacrificed more for our transit system.

I'm okay with Cedarvale (although Eglinton-Cedarvale might have been nice), but not Hakimi. Lebovic Ave is presumably already named for someone and has much more on it than Hakimi Ave does.

well at the current rate the east TBMs are going....the west ones will probably reach yonge long before the east and the longer times that result

It didn't surprise me that they were slow to start. The first section eastwards from Keelesdale was slow also. It takes a bit of time to work up to full pace.

This must have been expected, and could have been communicated better, but it looks like things are moving now. That's good news.

- Paul

Yet another TBM update!

tbmupdate.JPG

Attachments

• tbmupdate.JPG
    tbmupdate.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 733

Back